Automation plays a huge – even extreme – role in Extreme’s ability to meet stringent lead times. A visit to our facility will reveal several fully automated work cells, automated tool changers throughout, servo robots on our molding machines, automated vision and CMM (coordinate measurement machines) systems in our quality control department.
- Equipment List, click here to display/download
- CNC: Best in class machine tools from Yasda, Makino, Roders, Mazak, and Haas are used to provide accurate, repeatable results- Graphite machining cell includes 3R Robotics for true 24/7 machining capacity.
- EDM/WEDM: (5) Sinkers from Mitsubishi sit adjacent to (3) Fanuc Wire EDM’s in this area- 3R Robotics in EDM cell are again used for true 24/7 manufacturing capability.
- Polishing and Laser Welding: While many shops have outsourced all of their manual polishing needs, Extreme remains committed to a strong internal department who compliments our outside polishing specialists. We also have Rofin Laser Welder IN HOUSE, allowing us to repair or revise your molds quickly, accurately, and within our complete control.
- Finishing: Our tool making specialists use best in class grinding equipment from Mitsui and Okamoto to complete the most critical operations on our molds. These machines are built to hold tenth’s, and there is no room for accuracy degradation on the last steps of mold manufacturing.
- Mold Quality Control- Extreme has made significant financial investments in the inspection area of our moldmaking division, with OGP machine present with touch, laser and vision capability all within one machine. Detailed inspection reports are provided for critical areas of all injection molds we build. Brown and Sharp CMM is used to inspect EVERY electrode we manufacture, BEFORE it is approved for use by our EDM dept.
- Injection Molding: Extreme has committed EXTENSIVELY to the process development/Mold Trial side of our business- In house, we have (8) modern injection molding machines from 28-500 tons, covering the full range of molds we manufacture. Most have Robotics on them for EOAT development and are configured for scientific molding/RJG/E-dart.
- Quality Control: We use the best tools, technology, and personnel available to complete FAI, CPK, PPAP, etc. all IN HOUSE. OGP Vision, B&S CMM, and Calypso Software Seat In-house, allows manipulation of Cat Scan Data and pre-programming inspection routines as req’d all used for best in class dimensional feedback.
|Working with Extreme is like working with an old friend. They are reliable, honest and always have your best interest in mind. Tooling is top of the line, on-time and on-budget. The staff is knowledgeable and hard working and ...|